There are lots of sprays and medicines that are available in the markets for getting rid of cockroaches, but the difficulty in using these is that they have powerful chemicals present in them, which may prove to be harmful for humans also. Therefore, when trying to clean your house from the menace of those cockroaches, you can try the under top 10 hints to get rid of cockroaches using home remedies.
- Coffee Grind – The smell of coffee acts as a lure for the cockroaches, while the caffeine content within it kills them.
- Flour And Boric Acid – By sprinkling a mixture of boric acid, flour and white sugar, all in equal amounts, areas like kitchen cabinets, under the stove, toilet drains, etc., you can kill the cockroaches in the most effective manner.
- Fabric Softener – Considering that the cockroaches breathe through their skin, any powerful fragrance can kill them.
- However, they are effective only as long as they are fresh, once dry out them and place new Pandan leaves.
- Cayenne, Garlic And Onion – A liquid mixture of the above mentioned contents, is a perfect solution for tackling the issue of cockroaches.
- Hair Spray – Hair sprays are tacky and therefore, when sprayed on a cockroach, it will seal its wings and skin, thus suffocating it to its ultimate death.
- Cucumber peels – The outcomes of the use of these leaves are diverse, while others find them to be extremely effective, others aren’t so satisfied with the usage of these leaves to the killing of cockroaches.
- Catnips – Catnips have no effect on pets and humans except for cats, which go crazy. Consequently, when you have cats in your home, do not use this herb for getting rid of cockroaches in your place.
- Soda Bottle Traps – This is an old trick used by many housewives for trapping the cockroaches in their house. It’s secure and can be real fun.
There are many other tricks which are used in different areas of the world for killing cockroaches, but amongst all of them, the above are the top 10 tips to get rid of cockroaches.